Jun 13, 2022 | Courtney | 315 views
A little bit of Dundas Little League History
Dundas Little League began with a group of volunteers in 1954.
Land was secured from the town and a ball diamond was constructed on King Street East in the late 1950’s.
In 1960, this park was named after the late Mickey Martino, one of a number of early leaders in the Dundas Little League baseball community.
In later years, a T-ball diamond was built at Kinsmen Park on Mercer St. and renamed Edwards Memorial Park after former Dundas Mayor Bert Edwards.
Numerous Provincial and National Championships have been hosted by Dundas Little League at Martino Park with the most recent in 1987 and 1994.